Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon Dr William Portuese
Dr. William Portuese is the founder and medical director for the Portland Center for Facial Plastic Surgery. This is a facial cosmetic surgery practice which specializes in cosmetic eyelid surgery, which includes upper blepharoplasty, and lower eyelid surgery as well. Conditions such as dermatochalasis in the upper eyelids or visual loss and fat bag removal for the puffiness in the lower lids are procedures that are performed frequently in our practice. Dr. Portuese performs upper lid blepharoplasty surgery under local or general anesthesia, and uses dissolvable sutures. He performs lower eyelid surgery under general anesthesia for patient safety and comfort. Dr. Portuese uses a trans-conjunctival approach lower eyelid blepharoplasty with the incision placed on the inside of the eyelids for the fat bag removal. When there is extra skin in the lower lids present, a pinch technique is performed and this is closed with tissue glue. No stitches are needed on the lower lids. Dr Portuese has an extensive portfolio of before and after eyelid surgery photographs demonstrating his expertise in this area.
In addition, rhinoplasty, facelift procedures, neck lifts, cheek implants, browlifts and chin implants are frequently performed as well. Consultations and postoperative appointments can be performed in the Portland, Oregon office, however all surgery is performed in our Medicare Certified Outpatient Surgery Center located in the Seattle office location. This surgery Center is located in downtown Seattle on First Hill.
Dr. William Portuese grew up and went to Medical School in Oklahoma, and performed his internship and residency at LSU Medical Center in Shreveport Louisiana. He performed a fellowship at the Lasky Clinic in Beverly Hills, California. He has made The Pacific Northwest home for the last 30 years. He enjoys many outdoor activities around the Pacific Northwest such as snow skiing, Salmon enhancement projects, fly-fishing, hiking and traveling.
Some of the highlights from his resume are as follows:
- Board-Certified in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Board Certified in Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery
Active medical licenses in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho.
- Clinical Instructor Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery at the University of Washington
- Clinical Instructor Department of Surgery, Division of Plastic Surgery at the University of Washington
- Member, American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Member, Washington State Medical Association
- Current Board Member and Past President of the Washington State Ambulatory Surgery Center Association
- Strategic Advisory Board member to Realself.com
- Founder and Medical Director of The Seattle Facial Plastic Surgery Center, a state of the art Medicare Certified ambulatory surgery Center
- Washington Ambulatory Surgery Center Association Medical Leader of the Year Award, 2008
- Washington Ambulatory Surgery Center Association Medical Leader of the Year Award, 2012